Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lunch with potential #2

So I had lunch last week with the second potential from CL "DS". Lunch went fine and we seem to get along well. We text and communicate daily. After lunch, he said he forgot to give me something and he would mail it. When it arrived it was a $100 Visa giftcard. It was perfect timing b/c I really need to buy groceries. I go to Publix and start loading my cart with all kinds of stuff. Not anything crazy, but it was nice to splurge a little and get Figi water, non-publix brand food and a few other non-budget type things. Anyhow, I get to the register unload everything get ready to pay and the card doesn't work! I tired at least three times and finally had to leave the store AND the groceries. I was M-O-R-T-I-F-I-E-D! How embarassing is it to get all that stuff and have to leave it behind? Especially after holding up the line. Anyhow, after I picked my face and pride up off the floor I went to my car to call the 1-800 number. Come to find out the card was never activated. You know how you can just grab the card from the store, well after you pay, the cashier has to activate it for it to work. I sent DS a text and he was confused because he said he gave the cashier the cash and thought everything was okay. I didn't know what to think. I was so upset and depressed all day. I guess I was angrier with myself for allowing this to happen. 1.) I need to do a better job of budgeting my money 2.) I should have checked the balance before I left the house.

Anyhow, he came by yesterday and gave me the cash and took the non-active card. We also had a little more time to hang out and get to know each other a little better. He said that he would like to start depositing $1500 in my account for the first three months and we will see how things go after that. That sounds good to me, that would be a HUGE help for me and my financial situation. He said he going to make the first deposit tomorrow morning to pay my rent. I'm trying not to get too excited because I will be crushed if he is playing with my emotions and starts making excuses about why he can't do it.

I couldn't help myself and I looked at the Saks site at a few Gucci purses, but I'm still trying to stay calm until I check my account balance tomorrow. I also wouldn't mind a Michele watch, but again I'm really trying not to get ahead of myself. The first thing I want to do is pay off my credit cards and pay off some bills. Hopefully tomorrow I can start making a dent in some of my debt. I will let you guys know. I'll either be smiling or crying during my next blog entry.

~G

4 comments:

  1. Aw that has to be horrible...atleast he gave you the cash. I am crossing my fingers for your bank transfer...but he sounds good for the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how this comes out! I don't understand why SDs are so reluctant to put money in their SBs accounts - a happy baby will come back to you again and again! Crossing my fingers for you babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome update! I can't wait to hear either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg...im excited for you...but like i say, im a big believer in the jinx, so ill keep my fingers crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete